AKO Car Rental by GreenMatrix

AKO Car Rental by GreenMatrix
Need to Rent A Car/Bike/MPV? Click here. Do help me to increase followers :)

September 20, 2020

Proton X50 Preview

today i was given the opportunity to get an invitation for Proton X50 Preview at White Ballroom, PJ. when i got a call from my cousin who wanted to give me the invitation, i told him that i will get someone to go with me since i am not allowed to drive yet. AH is back in kuantan so i decided to get AA to come with me. 

of course i was excited for the preview. i want to be able to touch and sit in X50, if only i can have a test drive, it would be lovely. but at my condition pun bukan boleh drive lagi at least until november 2020. so, all of you who reads my thoughts about this car, you've got to bear in mind that i am not a techie person and i buy cars based on what my needs are and i usually get attracted by the back of the cars. that was how i decided on getting my hyundai coupe last time. resale value does not matter to me. speed? urmmm, ok, on this matter, since i am always a careful driver [within the speed limit] most of the time, i am fine but the pick up matters, i guess. 

so, my pre-condition was, when i had a chat with AH, the car has got to have some safety measures like HRV, coz i am driving one. so these were my check list.

  1. if i accidentally left my car key in the car, will the car be able to autolock? coz HRV won't allow that and i love this feature. 
  2. the sound of the car door closed must be, "bukk' instead of like the sound of empty tin or light. it's easier for me to explain face to face 😋
  3. i wanna have air cond for the back passengers coz i always remember whenever i drive my parents in any of my car - that's the first thing that my dad would ask for..."kereta ko tak de air cond eh kat seat belakang?" 😁 so, i want him to be happy to be in my car. 😍
  4. panoramic view / sun roof / moon roof coz i just want it. imagining night drive and it will feel so romantic! 😋😍
  5. the bonnet must be spacious - at least like HRV
  6. the back seat is comfy enough on leg space because my mom is tall, so it has to be comfy for her in a long ride.
  7. all the lamps are auto on when it gets dark.
  8. the wiper switch on by itself when it detects rain. [AH asked to check on this]
so, yeah those are my list. AA and i arrived just around 1pm before the event started. we were ushered to a hall where we were given a presentation on the car specifications, safety measures and all. from what i understand and that attracted my attention were,
  • the car auto cruise remains at its own lane on that mode. 
  • if the driver falls asleep [micro-sleep] X50 can sway back into the original lane, provided the lane next to it is empty. for this one got to seek for further understanding.
  • owner can start the engine & air cond before getting into the car itself. this would be good when i drive my parents so that the car is at a comfy level if the weather is hot outside. 
we were then ushered to the back of the hall where they place 3 different colors of X50 but only the flagship model. ok what is flagship? it is the highest end of the X50 model with enhanced ermm what do you call it, specs? from the previous class, so to speak. well, this would be how i explain it in my own terms/understanding. 
there were many people so we only get to sit for a while to experience the car interior and also look and feel on the exterior. in summary, all the 8 items above checked and scored. 💗 just that they didn't have the red X50 just now, i was so looking forward to see how the color matches the seat. 

the infotainment excites me. the idea of having netflix in the car is so cool and relaxing when you are not the driver. or at least when we are stuck in the traffic 😆 the downside of X50 is the sunroof cover which was thin and like a net. not a hard cover type. 
the material is thin and soft - so when the weather is hot,
you can feel the extra heat inside the car. got to find solution for this. 
i asked the sales person who was there and he answered all my questions well. and i am quite happy with the answers. as of today, they have not announced the car price yet. but with the price rumors and the specs, it would be a good buy for me, and i can reduce my monthly commitment. enjoy more pictures at the preview today. 👇
Thank You AA, for accompanying me.
sexy back - not bad. space is slightly smaller than HRV
but i guess i can accept this.
having 2 ports to charge is a plus point.
in summary, with the price that has been flying around, 
with the specifications - it will be a good buy. 
as for the seat, if you ask me, i would say that it is hard but it sort of hold you to the seat.
HRV is softer but i guess i can accept that too.
yes, i need to make a comparison to see if it is worth it to change. so according to AH, it has better pick up than my HRV 😋



No comments: