Read in your language


Total Pageviews

the day i got admitted

by - May 22, 2018

as of today, i am suffering (tak lah suffer sangat cuma payah nak menguap and makan - and when i am having short of breath, it's difficult for me to yawn to catch my breath) jaw locked for the past 2 weeks. been to GP twice but it is still there. so what happened was, i went to the second GP whom i knew the doctor personally and she referred me to the hospital. and since i am used to PCMC now, i requested to be referred there.

14 May 2018: i was passed to a total of 3 doctors on the same day ๐Ÿ‘€ not really complaining - just sharing. it is just a process of getting to the root of my problem. so, from Dato Dr Badrul, to Dr Kelvin and to Dr Yap supported by Dr Azlina. what are their specialties? feel free to look for the info at pcmc's website ๐Ÿ˜‹ by the time i get to Dr Yap's clinic, my migraine has worsen. 
echo cardiography procedure
in summary, apparently after talking to Dr Kelvin he wants to know if there is any infection in my heart which can be dangerous since i have 3 leakages in the valves? and if it could be linked to my locked jaw. something like that. so Dr Kelvin spoke to Dr Yap, my Cardio Specialist and i was instructed to go to Cardio Clinic asap. did the echo test (shown above) and somehow they saw something in there that they need to be sure if there is any benign tumor or vegetation or mass. not sure if i mention it right here but that was how they sounded to me. 

when i got up from the bed after echo test, i wanted to grab for my phone being charged on the floor. i could not bend since morning due to my bad migraine. and when i wanted to take my phone, i almost collapsed and luckily was held by Dr Yap & Dr Azlina. and at that point of time i cannot remember which doct asked if i was okay. i remembered saying that i have a terrible migraine. wheelchair was given to me immediately. 

upon consultation with Dr Yap after my echo test, i was advised to be admitted that day for cardiac assessment and they planned for trans esophageal echo cardiography.  that night i felt really bad. my migraine did not subside. asked for painkiller and the nurse gave me celebrex which i know it will not help me. until later at night i could not stand it anymore - call up the nurse and she gave me another painkiller which i forgot what its called and i could sleep then. 

15 May 2018: kaiser came early morning after he knew i was admitted the day before. joey was still sleeping when kaiser arrived. i have not seen kaiser for quite some time. he looks good although not as big as before - he does look lean though. alhamdulillah. 

11.00am: it wasn't comfortable for me during the procedure coz i was awake when they did the procedure. i can feel the tube being rodok2 in me.. hahaha ๐Ÿคฃbut not in pain lah. just uncomfortable. Dr Azlina had to try 4 times to get the tube in coz i felt like vomiting it out. And i can hear them discussing about what they saw in there. they told me the procedure was only for 10 minutes but it was almost an hour. 

12.30pm: i was brought to my room back and i saw 4 of my office colleagues waiting in  my room. with a basket of fruits. hehehe ๐Ÿ˜€ so nice and sweet of them but i was quite segan la, coz i was in the hospital attire and you can guess lah kan.. hahaha ๐Ÿคฃ so i climbed on my bed and covered myself with the blanket while talking to them. 

anyway, the final diagnosis was:
  • Upper respiratory tract infection
  • No aortic stenosis or regurgitation seen
alhamdulillah. and thank you to SH and YH for coming the next day and for the beautiful flowers!
peneman setia - TQ adik... love you ๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜

You May Also Like