a reminder for myself. i am having a headache right now, and if i were to tell this to kaiser, he would say..."you did not drink enough water"
Health benefits of drink water:
- Weight loss. Water is one of the best tools for weight loss, first of all because it often replaces high-calorie drinks like soda and juice and alcohol with a drink that doesn’t have any calories.
- Treat Sleep disorders: hydration is needed for the production of nature’s sleep regulator, melatonin.
- Water clears your skin. Most people know that drinking more water can be good for clear skin and it can also help the symptoms of acne.
- Energy. Being dehydrated can sap your energy and make you feel tired — even mild dehydration of as little as 1 or 2 percent of your body weight. If you’re thirsty, you’re already dehydrated — and this can lead to fatigue, muscle weakness, dizziness and other symptoms.
- Constipation, Heartburn, Migraine, Gastritis and Ulcers: A number of disorders are related with water deficiency. Constipation, heartburn, migraine, gastritis and ulcers can be prevented by taking modest amounts of water routinely.
- Cancer risk. Related to the digestive system item above, drinking a healthy amount of water has also been found to reduce the risk of colon cancer by 45%. Drinking lots of water can also reduce the risk of bladder cancer by 50% and potentially reduce the risk of breast cancer.- Metabolism: Water is the carrier of oxygen, nutrients, hormones, etc. to body parts and provides medium for removal of toxins, dead cells, waste material, etc. The proteins and enzymes involved in various fundamental processes also require water for their proper functioning.
- Better exercise. Being dehydrated can severely hamper your athletic activities, slowing you down and making it harder to lift weights. Exercise requires additional water, so be sure to hydrate before, during and after exercise.