To Apply For Spouse Visa (Foreigner marrying a Malaysian)
- form 12
- form 38
- a copy of marriage certificate
- a copy of divorce certificate (if you were a divorcee before)
- a copy of permission to get married out of country (if you got married out of malaysia)
- a copy of passport for applicant (all stamped pages)
- a copy of spouse's IC (being the sponsor)
- passport photograph 2 pieces each, husband and wife
- security bond stamp RM10
- letter of oath - get it at the oath office near the immigration ofc.
- 1 piece wedding photo
- fill up all the forms
- attach the pics wherever relevant
- go and get the security bond stamp at lvl 20, wisma kswg, jalan kg attap, kl. pay RM10
- go to oath office at the immigration. do it yourself, or someone will charge you rm8 for doing a simple job i.e. get it stamped :P
- proceed to level 4, get a number at counter 1, open file.
- the officer will attend to you and let you know how much you need to pay for security bond depending on your spouse's origin country. in my case, germany = RM1500/-
- the social visit pass will cost RM90 for 6 months for 1st year. after that your spouse will get yearly pass. after 5 years, he/she can request to be permanent resident.
- for renewal of pass, RM90 each time.
- social visit pass for 6 months instead of 3 months.
- extended to 1 year for the following year.
- after 5 years can request for PR status.
- possibility to work.
for all the above process, going to jln kampung attap and immigration office at pusat bandar damansara, it was from 9.30am and ended at 11.45am.
- bring all the original documents
- both spouse and sponsor must come
try and calculate if it is worth it... compared to coming in and out of malaysia every 3 months. bus fare, meals etc... ;)